choke hold / strangle hold

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

conjunction junction

How very productive of me.

Had a bad morning… a little something called Interferon hangover prevented me from going out for breakfast at Dockers before sliding in to work at 10:30am. By the time noon rolled around, I was in much less pain – yet decidedly incapable of focusing on my work.

When in doubt, run errands!

The roundtrip tour, by foot, of downtown Vancouver lasted from about 3pm – 5:15pm. Whew!

The good thing about running errands is that they are so nonspecific. As long as I managed to mail some business-related materials and also stop by to do some company banking, I figured it was a good use of my time.

As luck would have it, I also managed to squeeze in *a few* personal stops along the way.

What personal errands did I run today? Well, let me tell you:
- Picked up a schwack of tickets for the Saturday portion of the Vancouver International Burlesque Festival. For those of you playing along at home, it’s true that I am not a huge fan of burlesque. I have done my fair share of strutting and shaking it on stage – and I wholeheartedly support burlesque as an art form, but the truth is that I find it boring and/ or annoying. In this case, my brother has chosen to celebrate his birthdoo at the show. Happily, Lief and I both now have tickets and are well on our way to having costumes to wear to the show. The costumes involve short shorts.
- Bought tickets for Lief, Emme and I to attend the Katari Taiko show at the Vancouver East Cultural Centre. It sounds like Reiko and her crew have been working their butts off to get this performance together. I look forward to lots of yelling. I like yelling.
- Browsed for shoes. Six years later and I have still not found black pointy flats. Kitten heel? No thank you. But alas, I keep looking.
- Also looked for replacement green mary janes. Why do I always seem drawn to green mary jane’s? I dunno. I had to turf the last pair a few weeks ago and my business casual wardrobe is suffering because of it.
- Ate lunch at a food fair place called ‘Opa!’. You may be savvy enough to guess that it was Greek food. It was fine. For the $8 I paid, I would probably not eat there again. I give it a 4 out of 10. Luckily, as I was munching away, Elsie walked by. Even without my glasses I was able to recognize her and hail her down. Seeing her made the ‘Opa!’ experience worth while.
- I browsed for both panties and a new swimsuit. Yes, I know I have a million pairs of unnawears, but I am always on the lookout for a style that will give me a boner *and* fit on my butt. The new swimsuit is absolutely necessary – but nothing was found. I checked a couple of the sports stores at Pacific Centre and they do not carry TYR, the only brand that makes a speed suit that actually fits my ass and titties. The hunt shall continue.

As you can see, despite minor setbacks and feelings of extreme pain and nausea, I managed to have a relatively productive day.

3 Comments:

At 2:21 PM, Blogger goodurs said...

i thought monday was hangover day–have things changed? i have been away too long.

 
At 2:56 PM, Blogger choke_hold said...

yar! yes, monday is still interferon hangover day - but i posted this a day late. you have a memory like a steel trap.

 
At 3:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

TYR's can be found at the swimswuit shop on hornby & smithe. I know because that is where I bought mine! Make sure to get 100% polyester, otherwise it will fall apart in a matter of months... damn chlorine.

oh, and we are going to have so much fun hootin' and hollerin' and dancin' saturday night, it's going to hurt sunday morning.

s.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home