choke hold / strangle hold

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

i like big butts

Ass backwards.

So, it appears that I am going back to school again. Since completing my Bachelor of Arts almost 6 years ago, I have completed one college program and am about to enter into another. I say that it ‘appears’ that I am going back to school because I clearly do not have the money to complete the whole program, but I have gone ahead and signed up for the first course anyway. Though I could technically finish the program in 6 – 8 months, I imagine I will stretch it out over more like a year and a half.

It will come as no surprise to anyone (aside from me) that the program that I am doing is for Career Development Practitioner certification. Read: vocational counseling.

You may recall from my training in general counseling, I absolutely hated the elective course that I did in vocational counseling. But, as I find myself increasingly working with friends and family to explore their education and career options, help revise/ rewrite people’s resumes, and scour the interweb for appropriate job postings for people, I feel that it is time for me to gain more skills to help people out. If it ends up leading to my next career, so be it.

On a meta level, it is amusing that I, were I my own client, would likely not recommend that I go into vocational counseling – as it is an industry that is not congruent with my employment needs (very few part time opportunities, very few positions that have medical and dental, mainly contract work, lower wages than my current career, etc.). Good thing I can appreciate irony.

1 Comments:

At 2:30 AM, Blogger goodurs said...

good luck!

i have also been thinking about going back to school. in fact, just yesterday i was like: this might be a real option.

once i get back i will have some researching and decision making to do.

first things first.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home