choke hold / strangle hold

Friday, August 27, 2004

criticism as inspiration

i makes me feel so good to always tell you when you’re wrong,
the big man that i am,
to always have to put you down.
- pedro the lion

what makes people think that slagging other people will make them feel better about themselves?

last week i got an e-mail from someone who makes their way through life by deceiving people, by playing on people’s sympathy, by ‘being a victim’, by playing dumb, by being passive-aggressive, by making other people feel small. his e-mail made me so fucking angry. i wanted to kick him in the face, break his legs and throw him from a train. for half an hour i sat in front of the computer, trying to figure out how to retaliate. i was boiling over. and i was just as angry at myself for letting his crazymaking ways make me crazy. i had to ask myself why his temper tantrum grade four tactics were hurting me so much. it’s this: he had been searching his whole life to find a space where it wasn’t more appealing/ safe/ rewarding for him to cheat and lie. i provided that space. he cheated and lied anyway. sitting in front of the computer, my heart burned at the possibility that maybe the problem had been me. maybe i wasn’t good enough at creating a space for him to be true. it’s total bullshit. even in the midst of knowing that he is a deceptacon - i searched for ways to make it ‘all my fault’. this isn’t like me. i know better than this. better than this. better than this.

it gets so confusing. i understand that people have been hurt and that they need to find ways to protect their egos in order to feel safe. in moments of anger we all lash out and say those things that we know will hurt - that will get a reaction - that will make others feel small. it gets sick sometimes. we stockpile bits, pieces, information, pathways, pressure points, hot topics, buttons, scenarios, facts - that we can use to make our loved ones feel pain. we stockpile so that, in heated moments, we can retaliate.

what the fuck are we all so scared of?

in my e-mail reply, i did not retaliate. i don’t fear that boy.

7 Comments:

At 8:44 AM, Blogger psychicle said...

I applaud your restraint. You made the right choice. :)

 
At 11:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm.. that reminds me, I've been meaning to do this for a while but haven't... I am going to scan my ass and if someone is a pain or being a jerk, oh look what pops up in their emil window? It's my skinny, pale, white ass squished against their screen. Maybe you'll get a bit of my scrotum in there for good measure too. ohh it's quite evil I think. The email will have nothing written either, just the ass picture.

 
At 10:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes Toren, that is sick. I am very glad you're not like that anymore.

::hugs::

 
At 10:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh goddamnit. that was me.

--Marlo

 
At 12:16 PM, Blogger choke_hold said...

yes toren, that is so fucked up that i am not sure if you are being facetious or not.

and as for the photocopied ass comment: who wrote it?

 
At 12:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

uhmmm, sorry, that scanning comment was mine. Very uncalled for, sorry again. You never know what you'll get form me though, so don't piss me off! ha ha, just kidding!

-david

 
At 6:10 AM, Anonymous sex stories post forced sex said...

My mind found its own peace in a very pleasant dream, where Melvinwas shaking the bed, but this Melvin was six feet tall and built likea lumberjack. Where, up until this year I have lived a normal life.
free hot kinky sex stories
hot sex stories dogsex
adult short stories erotic xxx taboo
free incest father preteen daughter stories
preteen model incest stories
My mind found its own peace in a very pleasant dream, where Melvinwas shaking the bed, but this Melvin was six feet tall and built likea lumberjack. Where, up until this year I have lived a normal life.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home