choke hold / strangle hold

Thursday, August 25, 2005

bastard in love

Oh god. Give me a fucking break.

So, every month or two, I have some sort of breakdown… where I go ahead and read the online journals or look at the personal websites of people that I have ‘broken-up’ with. These are websites of ex-friends or ex-lovers.

Which brings me to this: Why are people so fake around the issues of health and physical activity, especially when it comes to writing in their blogs?

Ok. Sounds weird at first, doesn’t it? Well, here’s the thing… I try and get people to do physical activities all the time. Wanna go for a walk? Wanna meet me at the gym? Wanna hike around the park? Wanna take a silly yoga class with me?

The two most annoying website people… one is an ex-friend, one is an ex-lover… both have little or no commitment to eating well, exercising (going so far as to complain if I wanted to walk to a store that was further than a block from where they lived), or really being active in any way.

Now that they are getting their dicks sucked by their respective girlfriends, they both drone on and on about the super-cool healthy things they do. Fuck man, I really want to punch both of them in the junk.

Yeah dude, you are *totally* into cycling and hiking and swimming. It’s *totally* part of your ‘lifestyle’. Yes, eating lots of fresh fruits and veggies is just *part of who you are*. Yeah, I mean, we all give in and have some popcorn at the movies or whatever, but you have always been committed to taking care of your nutritional wellbeing. Total. Fucking. Bullshit.

When this chick leaves you, and surely she will… you will go back to the couch and wait until the next girl comes along. Chances are (100%) that you will meet the next one on the internet too.

Why all this hostility? It takes me about 20 times the energy to do the same things you do. And when you have no one there to stick your cock in, you just don’t think it’s worth the hassle to do anything but sit on your fucking asses in your house… watching more videos… rolling more dice… zoning out in front of computers.

With me, I had to do all the work. I had to try and inspire you, to get you moving, to treat yourself well, and to care about your health. It was ridiculous, the kind of effort I had to put in to get you to go for a walk.

And now that it impresses someone else, someone who isn’t me – you are all about fun, healthy, active living.

This is yet another reminder of why I do not stay in touch with people who I used to date…. and why I completely delete friends when things go south. I do not want to be this irritated. I do not want to care. I am reminded at how I have chosen to share myself with people who are not genuine. People who are lazy fucking fake ass pathetic jerks.

It would be one thing if either of the people who have pissed me off today has actually ‘turned a new leaf’. They haven’t. This is part of their ongoing codependence, insecurity, and grandstanding.

If you have to write about it on your blog every fucking time you go for a 10 minute bike ride – then it is kind of obvious that this is all new to you… and that you have something to prove to your audience.

Blow me.

3 Comments:

At 11:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sweet! I like the aggresion shown here!

I agree, just be yourself. You might not impress girls by doing so, but at least you are you. That will impress the people that you really want to impress. People that are impressed by you being a fake-ass shit talker are not the ones you want to know anyway!

It frustrates me to no end sometimes how society doesn't want individuals and unique people to flourish and be happy. Oh well, the tourch of individuality and expression will always burn strong amongst those who really matter and make a positive difference in the world around them.

-david thomas manzl

 
At 12:11 PM, Blogger choke_hold said...

oh david, you *slay* me.

glad you like the aggression, i am pretty sure there is more where that came from.

but, instead of ranting about pooh-pooh heads on my blog, maybe i should channel the aggression into something more fun. let's go play skateboards! you do the hip-high handrails, i will attempt railslides on very small curbs at a slow to moderate pace. it will be awesome.

i am gonna need a helmet.

 
At 11:45 PM, Blogger goodurs said...

david, you impress me. especially hints that involve strata.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home