choke hold / strangle hold

Thursday, September 22, 2005

hungry like the wolf

I am having problems eating.

Lately, I am not so hungry. When I *am* hungry, I couldn’t tell you (for the life of me) what I might want to eat. I stare into the fridge, I stare into cupboards, I stare at menus, I walk to the grocery store and stare down the aisles. I have no idea.

My other problem with eating has been that I have been insisting on having other humans prepare my food. This (usually) means that I have to pay them. I have been eating in restaurants much too often these days. Seeing that I am also prone to picking up the tab if someone eats with me, I have been grossly overspending in the food department, despite the fact that I am eating less than normal.

So, kick me out of this food rut. I know that issue #2 of the Veganarchist Cookbook is soon to be released – but I need your help now. Please suggest a recipe for a lovely vegetarian side-dish or entrée that I may not have thought of yet.

The alternative is that you come over to my house and make me dinner and don’t tell me what you are putting into anything. I am okay with that too. I do not like celery, turnips or beets.

Thank you.

5 Comments:

At 9:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

how about you come over for dinner next week? tues or wed?
d.

 
At 11:02 AM, Blogger choke_hold said...

i could come over wednesday after i go and meet with my practicum supervisor (for the very last time, i hope). i am meeting with her at 7:15-7:30... so i imagine i could get to your place at 8:15-8:30. what do you think?

feed me!

will we be having soup?

 
At 11:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been having the same problem lately. I blame the weather.

Here's a yummy recipe for eggplant parmigiana. They call it eggplant bake though (maybe they can't spell or pronounce parmigiana). It's super yummy, although pretty time consuming. It calls for quinoa, but I made mine with rice (i was out of quinoa).

Also, When in doubt, I always check out the vegweb.com site. They have great recipes.

Sarah

Tasty Eggplant Bake
Ingredients (use vegan versions):
3/4 cup uncooked Quinoa
1.5 cups of vegy broth (store bought is fine)
1 large eggplant sliced and peeled (sprinkle olive oil and
1 large green pepper
1 large red pepper
1 med zucchini
1 onion
3/4 cloves garlic
soy cheese (parmesan)
1 small can of fancy tomato sauce (with herbs and things!)
Directions:

Preheat oven to 475.

Prepare quinoa - bring broth and one garlic clove to a boil and put it in and simmer for about 15 minutes - take off of heat and let sit.

Meanwhile - slice and salt the eggplant -- rinse it and sprinkle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Put aside,

Slice up remaining vegies and garlic. Layer the vegies type by type with quinoa and soy parm alternating.

Pour can of tomato sauce on top. Sprinkle with soy parm and bake for about 40 minutes.

 
At 3:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes, likely we'll have some kind of a soup. maybe cucumber. sarah's fancy-shmancy eggplant recipe looks yummy...
d.

 
At 11:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ah crap... OK, I'm still behind on the Veganarchist CB #2... I suck I know. But there will be new comics up on coffeestain.ca this week!!!

-david

 

Post a Comment

<< Home