choke hold / strangle hold

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

we want male nipple

This week:

- I met Jack Layton *and* his moustache. I even watched him lead a totally homo-uber-metro conga line. It was worth sitting through a terrible meal just so that I had the chance to *not* wiggle my butt in the middle aged celebration of playfulness.

- I got a cold. I blame Lief. Lief blames his coworkers. There is a lot of finger pointing and a great deal of coughing and nose blowing. In an unprecedented turn of events, I took two days off work. One week later and I still feel like dog snot.

- Me and my cold went to Gambier Island with friends/ loved ones where we walked around, ate good food, drank bad wine, did some off road golf-cart driving, and saw two deer and a snake (they were not traveling together).

- Finished knitting slippers to take to my cousins + aunt when I go to Montreal. I have knit four pairs to take with me (three cousins + aunt) and I am going to let them arm wrestle over who gets which pair. I will not presume to know who would prefer slate grey with pink racing stripe over alligator green with purple fleck. Let the games begin.

- Have read my way through half of ‘The Elephant Vanishes’ by Haruki Murakami. Short stories. Thumbs up.

- Almost forgot my best friend’s birthday. Sorry Miikey! Luckily, I was awake at 5am this morning (thanks to Miss Missyfuss) and had the wherewithal to send him an email. HAPIR BIRTHDOO!

- Had a NiQuil accident that has rendered many of my possessions sticky.

Anyway, it has been a bumblebee week. I am very glad to be back at work, even if it is at half capacity.

I was sad to have missed Strangle Hold’s convocation ceremony, but I think it was for the best. I am all about process anyway…. and I am glad that I was able to be there for the process, if not the destination.

Congratulations Strangle Hold, you are now one of the degree-holding masses. Masses of asses!

1 Comments:

At 5:08 AM, Blogger psychicle said...

How can you be against the destination when the destination of this remarkable entry is the Masses of Asses!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home