choke hold / strangle hold

Wednesday, November 03, 2004

i better be quiet now

i thought that getting together with friends to watch the US election coverage (not to mention ‘INdecision with john stewart’) would be a joyous time. that we would be able to laugh at the fact that we were rooting for a chump like kerry.

i don’t think it was a fun time. i went into shock as i watched bush sweep most of the nation. i think i’m gonna be sick.

don’t get me wrong, canadian elections make me feel panicky most of the time too (look at our premier and our prime minister ::shudder::) but *re*electing bush actually boggles my mind.

last night/ this morning ballots were counted. bush bumbled his way back into the white house. gay marriages were banned in an alarming number of states. abortion is the next on the chopping block. nations that defy the USA will be invaded. and 51% of americans agreed to allow that fucking cowboy to ‘lead their nation’.

anger. despair. disbelief. nausea.

4 Comments:

At 11:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh c'mon, you have to admit that jon stewart was kind of fun(nny) in a non funny way cause what we were laughing at wasn't funny at all.
what worries me most is that i wasn't surprised at the win. and i WANT to be surprised. i want to be shocked! i want to be shocked and surprised enough to move me to do something. to believe that something can be done. and not just sit and talk about how i'm (not) surprised or shocked at the win.
d.

 
At 12:42 PM, Blogger rabblerocket said...

If I'd been home alone listening to the election results on the radio, I would have been a lot more depressed, let me tell you.

And Dalia -- "kinda fun(ny)"? Lest we forget, Jon Stewart is my *boyfriend*.

And by that, I mean that I am sleeping with him.

(ahahaha...that joke NEVER gets old!)

 
At 10:43 PM, Blogger rabblerocket said...

More seriously:

Judging by the snippets of interviews with random (but articulate and thoughtful) Europeans I heard on the CBC, I'd say that international organizing is in order.

 
At 3:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i've looked on some indymedia sites too and should follow up to see if there were any protests...
yes, scary times...
d.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home