choke hold / strangle hold

Thursday, June 16, 2005

good year for the roses

okay, for those of you that are tired of me telling you how fucking rad my job is... just skip reading this post.


top 5 things (in no particular order) that are rocking my socks off about my job:

1/ i now get to blog at work! (i mean, aside from the weekly posts to my own blog, that are sometimes done during office hours) - i am going to be maintaining and updating our organizational blog (on a variety of post-secondary education issues). fun-tastic!

2/ in order to keep me from laying on the floor and whimpering on hot days, my organization just bought me a portable air conditioner for my office. this place is like a greenhouse in the summer (heritage building - windows facing east) - and now i have an air conditioner to save me.

3/ after one of our fall meetings, i am going to get flown back to vancouver (from victoria) IN A HELIJET!!! it almost makes sitting through 4 days of ho-hum meetings worth while.

4/ this morning my boss and i dedicated some time to looking up hobo spiders on the internet. they cause some pretty gross damage. beware. looking up spiders together is one of the many useful things that we do in a day. we also talk about d&d, online comics, and gossip about politicians, gov't workers, activists, public personalities.

5/ i actually get to do work that involves some amount of creativity + using my smrts + drawing from my student activism years/ previous work + volunteer experience.



well, i better get back to my *other* blogging. hahahhahahahha. oh good lord. sweet, sweet work....

2 Comments:

At 5:19 PM, Blogger rabblerocket said...

LUCKY.

 
At 11:37 PM, Blogger goodurs said...

i guess you also get to look for houses... it'll look great on your resume too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home